|2013 Raleigh Tripper. Courtesy Raleigh USA.|
As a commenter recently pointed out, Raleigh added the 2013 Tripper to its 2012 "Three's Company" cyclocross line-up of the Furley and Roper. Here's hoping that in 2014 Raleigh offers a Snow in honor of Suzanne Somers' character Chrissy Snow or a Wood in tribute to Joyce DeWitt's character Janet Wood.
As with the Furley and Roper, the Tripper is all steel - in fact, it's available with a clear coat so you can really live the steel. The Tripper has a 3-speed IGH, disc brakes, and 700 x 32 tires. There are mounts for fenders and racks.
I'm personally not excited by the flat, straight handlebars, which they identify as the Avenir Short Drops. It seems to be an attempt at an urban look, but I'd rather see some bars with curves so that there are more available hand positions.
The Tripper got some attention at the 2012 interbike, as reported by Cyclelicious and Bike Rumor.
2013 Raleigh Tripper Specs:
- Sizes: 50cm XS, 53cm SM, 55cm SM/MD, 57cm MD/LG, 59cm LG
- Frame: Seamless Butted Chromoly, Integrated Headtube w/PF30
- Fork: 4130 Chromoly Cross w/Disc Tabs
- Cranks: Shimano Alfine FC-S500 39t
- BB: FSA PF30
- F.Derail: N/A
- R.Derail: N/A
- Shifter: Shimano Nexus Revo SL-3S41E 3sp
- Br.Levers: Tektro RL-570
- Brakes: Shimano BR-M375 w/SM-RT53 160mm Center Lock Disc
- Gear: Shimano 20t Internal Hub Cog
- Rims: Weinmann DP30 Double Wall
- Tires: Kenda K1083A Happy Medium 700cx32c
- Pedals: Road Pedals w/Clips and Straps
- Handlebar: Avenir 200 Series 31.8 Short Drop
- Stem: Avenir 200 Series, 3D Forged, 31.8
- Seatpost: Avenir 200 Series 27.2x350mm
- Seat: Avenir Classic Road
- Headset: FSA Integrated Cartridge Bearings
- Colors: Steel/Brown
- Chain: KMC Z99
- Hubset: (F) Shimano HB-RM35 32h w/Center Lock Disc Mounts (R) Shimano 3-Speed Nexus SG-3D55 w/Center Lock 32h
- Spokes: 14g Stainless MAC w/Alloy Nipples
- Grips: Avenir Single Moto
- Extras: Water Bottle Mounts, Fender and Rack Mounts, Cateye Reflector Set, Clear Coat, Owner’s Manual