|Fr8, the family version. Credit: Workcycles.|
The Fr8 is the "do-anything bike" at its finest. Here's how Workcycles describes it:
The Fr8 (pronounced like "freight") is our modular, city-utility bicycle system. It can be configured and outfitted for many heavy-duty purposes: delivery, industry or carrying kids and groceries. Thanks to an enormously stiff, low instep frame, robust construction, sophisticated geometry and special carriers it does it all with ease.According to Workcycles, the load capacity is 250 kg, or "one parent, up to 3 kids, and lots of groceries." In other words, the Fr8 may be able to replace your minivan.
The Fr8 has been mentioned and photographed by EcoVelo and Brooks England. Also, here's a great write-up by Fr8 owner mamafiets.
Here are some specs:
• "Adaptive Seat Tube" quickly adjustable for riders of about 160-200cmFor options, Workcycles says there are too many to list. Here are a few important ones: Shimano Nexus 3-speed or 8-speed internal gear hubs; coaster or hand rear brake; Brooks leather saddle; city front carrier; long rear carrier; lock box; child saddle on frame behind handlebar; Trelock defender wheel block; bell.
• TIG welded Chro-Mo frame and fork
• Heavy duty wheels with aluminum rims, 13g stainless spokes
• Vredestein Moiree or Schwalbe Big Apple tires w/ Kevlar antiflat belts
• Shimano front roller brake
• Hub dynamo, halogen headlamp, LED taillamp with standlight
• Fully enclosed chain-case, painted stainless steel fenders
• Wide double leg centerstand
• Stainless steel handlebar, stem and all hardware
In other words, Workcycles took everything useful and put it all on one bike.