How about this Radish, from Xtracycle, One-Of-Our-Favorite-Companies-Ever:
The Radish is Xtracycle's latest creation: a full longtail bike that comes in one box, with everything you need to ride in style. I posted about it previously, but there is some new information from the Xtra-folks. They've designed the frame and chosen the components so that riders of various sizes can be comfortably accommodated with only a change of saddle height, so it's a one-size-fits-most arrangement. (If they're as smart as we think they are, they'll spec a bolted seat-post binder, or a wee cable to keep combat the black-market in seat-posts and saddles.)
The Xtra-folks have also disclosed these not-too-specific specifications:
- Xtracycle-specific steel frame, mated to a matching Free Radical (powder coated, we assume),
- Steel fork with V-brake in front,
- Rear disc brake (cable-actuated, we assume),
- 7 or 8 gears with "insane" range,
- Swept-back bars and overall laid-back styling,
- A good all-around component set (with a freehub and stout wheels, we assume),
- Fat-G street tires (Schwalbe, we prefer; Kenda, we expect), and
- Loads of standard accessories, including a chainguard, fenders, and the full Xtracycle longtail kit with Freeloader bags and traditional Snap Deck.
Price tag: $1199.
Radishes are almost available. Get on the Radish mailing list by emailing your contact to email@example.com. I did.